When hair grows back under the corneal layer
Folliculitis: a typically male problem
- The hair is cut too short and when it grows back, it forms a loop under the skin, causing inflammation in the shaved areas.
- The hair is too long and bends over and penetrates back into the skin, growing down inside it.
Precautions to take during shaving
- Moisten the skin with warm water before shaving.
- Use a specifically designed shaving gel; the enveloping texture of gel is better suited to stiff hair.
- Give facial hair a good massage using circular motions against the direction of growth, in order to unclog the hair and prepare the skin.
- Shave using one movement of the blade in the direction of hair growth: from the temples to the mouth and from the chin to the neck.
- After shaving, moisturize the skin well with a suitable, non-aggressive skincare product.
If your problem persists, do not hesitate to consult a dermatologist.