An extreme skin reaction
There is not one but several types of sensitive skin
- vascular. Linked to the fragility of blood vessel walls, under the influence of certain external factors like eating spices or drinking alcohol.
- environmental. The wind, dryness, the cold or pollution can lead to prickling or burning sensations.
- contact. A skin reaction can be triggered by applying something that contains a poorly tolerated ingredient. This can be the case with hard water for example.
- atopic. Skin that suffers from this type of eczema is predisposed to hyper-reactivity.
Objective: to moisturize the skin and reduce its sensitivity
- Cleanse the skin gently using products that respect the physiological balance of the epidermis
- Use facial skincare products for sensitive skin
- a soothing toner as the first step to refresh the skin in the morning and to finish off your make-up
- Use thermal spring water rich in selenium
- Opt for hypoallergenic make-up that moisturises the skin and reduces its sensitivity