The cell renewal process speeds up
- Dry dandruff: small, fine white flakes that fall onto the shoulders.
- Oily dandruff: larger and thicker yellowish flakes that stick to the hair and scalp.
Dandruff is caused by microscopic yeast
Several factors may promote the proliferation of Malassezia:
- External factors: humidity, frequently styling and blow drying hair, harsh products, hard water…
- Internal factors: stress, hormonal imbalance, poor diet …
Moreover, certain disorders, such as psoriasis, may lead to desquamation.
How can we treat dandruff?
To prevent dandruff from recurring, we recommend that you:
- use non-abrasive, well-adapted treatments, which are gentle on the scalp
- avoid harsh products and styling routines that can weaken the hair
- enjoy a healthy lifestyle, with a well-balanced diet
If your dandruff does not improve, please contact your dermatologist.